Wednesday, April 04, 2012

A Shot at the IPL Standings

This won't be a long post. Just a summary of the range in which I think the teams will finish after the league stage of the IPL. I would have liked to do a more detailed post but pardon me for being a little lazy. It might be fun to come back to this post and see how wrong I was once the league stage is over.

Team Name

Ranking after League Stage



Bangalore

1/2/3


Chennai

3/4


Deccan

7/8/9


Delhi

5/6/7


Kolkata

2/3/4


Mumbai

1/2/3


Pune

8/9


Punjab

5/6/7


Rajasthan

6/7/8



Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai and Kolkata are my four picks for the playoffs. I would like to think Delhi might challenge for the last spot but with Mahela and Pietersen missing games, Taylor out injured, and the absence of a half-decent spinner means they will most likely fall short.

2 comments:

  1. Chennai in the Finals with either Bangalore or Mumbai. RR or DD being the other semi finalist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a pretty interesting chart you shared with us and I have several insights that I would like to share with you if you do not mind, what do you say?

    ReplyDelete